Welcome, bienvenidos to Cook and the Fly
In this blog you'll find Mexiterranean food pictures and recipes, fishing stories, random thoughts and snippets of my new life in Southern Baja.

2.23.2012

Love this old boy

Finally got to get to work on the big old parrilla .

When we moved in this old guy was in a pathetic state: a bunch of burnt old adobe bricks and, surprise, a truly vintage ice box...don't ask  ; )

The old ice box and the first two rows of bricks...


Basically I stripped it all, well almost... down , placed the parts on the ground in reverse order, and built it back up; not that diferent from stripping and cleaning a reel.


Here's a little mod I did:



Left side to build ambers



Right side to cook on


I originally wanted to build in a grill made of re-bar, but this way it's easier to clean....

Anyway, a couple of days to dry it out and then we'll fire it up!


I think that for the Time for a shower and a couple Tylenols; Lord, I feel old, sometimes......

No comments:

Post a Comment