Welcome, bienvenidos to Cook and the Fly
In this blog you'll find Mexiterranean food pictures and recipes, fishing stories, random thoughts and snippets of my new life in Southern Baja.

3.12.2012

"La tera l'e' basa"..the ground is very low...

..is what old people say in Northern Italy when somebody (me...) complains about how hard it is to "work the land".

I've been quite busy the past week ; victim of a sudden "I want to grow my produce" virus I started working on the garden and building beds.


IT IS hard work..specially if, like me, you do it with improvised tools! Dumb? Cheap? Maybe... hehe

Got my first salad made with my own arugula yesterday and yes, it tasted good.... been using my fennel sprouts to garnish delicate scallops carpaccios and peppers and cilantro sprouts to top Mexican fusion dishes...



Now I can't wait for the eggplant, squash, mustard, dill, bell peppers Roma and heirloom tomatoes to grow... of all these babies though, a very special place is occupy by the cutest, tiniest lavander sprouts I am trying to grow into gorgeous plants.

Also, to top it off, while I've been cleaning and organizing my old restaurant inventory I came across some pretty neat stuff I totally forgot about and that found its way onto my kitchen wall at home

Yes, I'm a sucker for old kitchen stuff..cast iron, terracotta, etc...


No comments:

Post a Comment