Welcome, bienvenidos to Cook and the Fly
In this blog you'll find Mexiterranean food pictures and recipes, fishing stories, random thoughts and snippets of my new life in Southern Baja.

3.16.2012

Pasta with olive oil poached yellowtail, potatoes, garlic and arugula

OK.. this was lunch today...an experiment inspired by my garden.

While waiting for the pasta water to boil, I cubed a nice piece of yellow tail loin and placed it in a pan with a load of evoo, lots of garlic slivers, a touch of hot peppers and a good pinch of coarsely cracked black pepper and poached it on very low heat.

Poaching the cubes of yellowtail a side at the time

Once the fish was almost done I added a diced boiled potatoe



cooked the thing a while longer, till the fish got just a hint of color and then added the pasta

I don't think I have to tell you how to cook pasta, don't I?
Once  pasta, potatoe, fish, garlic and oil got to know each other and started to get along, I added a bunch of fresh, tender arugula from the garden, tossed it all together again


and served it with a few mustard sprouts thrown in there, more as a second thought than to give it more flavour.


Got to admit it was good...not over the top, but a good, light pasta dish after all.

Try it and let me know.
Buon appetito

No comments:

Post a Comment