Welcome, bienvenidos to Cook and the Fly
In this blog you'll find Mexiterranean food pictures and recipes, fishing stories, random thoughts and snippets of my new life in Southern Baja.

12.16.2011

Angler's rant; Sunny Los Cabos!

So, woke up earlier than usual hoping to get a ride to my other fishing spot.
By earlier, I mean 04:00 hrs...
Eventually I made it to the intersection to the marina, where anglers, boat crews, drunks and lost souls in general pick you up  to give you ride. Not today!
Waiting for a ride...
This morning, not even a dog stopped and I ended up catching the bus and hit  the beach later than usual.Once there, I am greeted by the biggest and coldest cold front of the season so far...


Beautiful steelhead weather that made me feel like I was back home on the beautiful Stamp river chasing winter steelies with my Spey rod.




 Look at this guy! And it kept going and going all the way past the mountains...
Now the question that I know is in your mind :
"What did I catch?"  beside cold...  Nothing, nada..  the Sea of Cortez, the aquarium of the world, today was  EMPTY, void of life... not even a little tiny baitfish jumping in the waves...
Ok, done with the rant..
I think I'll just hunker down and tie flies and leaders for the better days to come.

Sunny Mexico.. yes... pass a Sol, porfavor.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Cabo can be a cold, heartless bitch sometimes, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks C.
    as opposed to warm, sensual welcoming Playa...
    Back at it tomorrow, anyway!

    ReplyDelete